Dealing with the loss of a loved one can be incredibly overwhelming, especially when the person’s death was caused by the negligence of another and could have been avoided. At Bill Easterly & Associates, our team of Nashville wrongful death lawyers has more than 25 years of legal experience in cases involving serious injuries and wrongful death.
Our team understands how difficult it can be to work through a wrongful death claim, and we provide every client with individualized attention and compassionate counsel from start to finish.
Schedule a free consultation today with our dedicated Nashville wrongful death lawyers, and find out how we can help you demand justice for your loved one.
One-on-One Attention from Bill Easterly & Associates
A wrongful death claim can be one of the most emotional personal injury claims to file. These claimants are facing complicated legal processes and financial burdens, all while dealing with the loss of a loved one. We recognize that our clients are going through tough times, and we aim to build attorney-client relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
Clients who are struggling with a wrongful death case can benefit from the one-on-one attention we provide. We always keep our clients informed about the status of their case, and we provide them with unlimited opportunities to have their questions answered.
As a surviving family member of a wrongful death victim, you can be comforted by the devoted guidance we offer on your family’s behalf. Work with our firm, and you will be treated with the respect you deserve.
What Is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Wrongful death lawsuits are civil actions that certain survivors can take in pursuit of compensation after a loved one has been killed, either by someone else’s intentional behavior or due to negligence. These lawsuits can be filed even if criminal charges have been brought against the party responsible for your loved one’s death.
Who Is Eligible to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Different states have different rules about who may bring a wrongful death claim. In Tennessee, your right to file a claim will depend on your relationship to the victim and who the other survivors may be. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit if you are:
- The surviving spouse
- The surviving children
- The personal representative of the victim’s estate
- The surviving parents
- A sibling or other next of kin
If you have lost a loved one and need to know whether you are eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit, contact our firm today to learn about your legal rights.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
At Bill Easterly & Associates, we know that there is no amount of compensation that can turn back time and replace the life of your loved one. However, receiving financial compensation during the grieving process can help you and your family in the present and future.
Our Nashville wrongful death lawyers can help you pursue:
- Emergency medical expenses and doctor’s bills due to injuries prior to death
- Pain and suffering your loved one endured
- Loss of wages
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral and burial costs
We know that losing a loved one unexpectedly is one of the toughest things you will ever go through, and these types of compensation can help ease financial burdens as you plan the funeral and determine your path forward. If you were supported in part or in full by your deceased family member, you may be able to recover the wages they lost between the time of their injury and death, and you may also be able to seek compensation for the deceased’s lost earning potential. You should not have to deal with your loved one’s wrongful death on your own. Our compassionate attorneys will be there every step of the way to help you and your family figure this out.
Over the years, we have successfully handled many wrongful death claims and have helped numerous clients obtain the compensation they need during the most difficult time in their lives. We believe that our results have stemmed from the level of personal and compassionate representation we provide.
Schedule a free consultation today to learn how our attorneys could help in your case.
What Are Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases?
At Bill Easterly & Associates, our experienced wrongful death attorneys have handled countless tragic cases involving:
- Car accidents: We can assist you and your family in pursuing a wrongful death claim against a negligent driver, whether the driver was reckless, speeding, fatigued, distracted, or driving under the influence.
- Truck accidents: Large commercial trucks can cause devastating accidents. Fatigued drivers, improperly secured loads, malfunctioning parts, and more can contribute to a collision.
- Motorcycle accidents: Unfortunately, many drivers do not notice motorcyclists until it is too late. Whether they were glancing at their phone, failed to yield the right of way, or failed to check their blind spots, careless drivers often cause motorcycle accidents.
- Boating accidents: Boating accidents often occur on the lakes and rivers surrounding the Nashville area. Your wrongful death lawyer will work to determine who is liable for the accident and work to get maximum compensation.
- Defective products: When a product’s defect leads to the death of a consumer, then the company who designed the product, the manufacturer, or the retailer may be held liable.
- Construction accidents: Construction workers face the risk of injury every day, whether it’s from a fall from scaffolding, falling debris, electrocution, or a machinery accident. Oftentimes, a third party, such as a subcontractor, is at fault for the accident. We can help you secure the compensation you need to move forward.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: Unfortunately, elder abuse and neglect is a common issue in today’s nursing homes. If you lose a loved one because of nursing home staff abuse or neglect, we can help you pursue compensation and a measure of justice.
- Medical errors: We all make mistakes, but when a medical professional makes a misstep that leads to your loved one’s death, it’s devastating. We’ll help you determine your legal options.
- Dangerous drugs: Sometimes, drugs are rushed to market without proper testing, and sometimes drug manufacturers fail to disclose all of a drug’s dangerous side effects. If your family member was fatally harmed by a dangerous prescription or over-the-counter drug, you may have a case against the pharmaceutical company.
- Premises liability: Property owners have a duty to keep their property safe and may be liable for any injuries that occur due to hazards on their property. We’ll help you determine next steps if your loved one suffered a fatal premises liability injury.
This is by no means a complete list of all the types of wrongful death cases we handle. If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligent or intentional behavior, you need to speak with one of our knowledgeable wrongful death attorneys about your legal options.
Do I Need an Attorney to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Having a knowledgeable wrongful death attorney on your side is important. Although you could potentially file a claim on your own, you would likely be squaring off against a deep-pocketed insurance company and a team of aggressive lawyers who handle these types of cases regularly.
Additionally, insurance companies will often try to take advantage of you if you do not have a lawyer at your side. They may make you a low initial offer that will not cover all of your economic losses and your pain and suffering, or they may try to find loopholes to get out of paying you anything at all. At Bill Easterly & Associates, our attorneys will make sure that does not happen to you.
When you enlist the help of the experienced wrongful death attorneys at Bill Easterly & Associates, we work hard to take the legal burden off you while you grieve. Our attorneys will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident that led to your loved one’s death
- Identify every potentially liable party
- Collect proof of the injuries your loved one suffered
- Document the expenses your family has faced as a result of this tragedy
- Demand maximum compensation for your loss
Our attorneys will handle every aspect of your wrongful death claim ─ including managing all communication with the insurance company ─ so you are not facing additional stress during this already difficult time.
Schedule Your No-Cost, No-Obligation Initial Consultation
We understand how important it is to secure justice on behalf of your deceased loved one, and you can trust that we will do everything in our power to fight for what is right.
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay us unless we are able to help you win compensation. We also offer free case evaluations to help our clients get started on their journey toward just compensation. Schedule yours today to discuss your case with our Nashville wrongful death law firm, and find out what legal options are available to you.
Contact our firm for professional, compassionate, and experienced legal representation.